Translate

Tuesday 7 January 2014

STICKS AND STONES

I've forgotten the line
But I KNOW
He said it wrong;
Whatever he said,
Or swore he had?
I just got mad.
I wanted to throw
Something at him
Maybe a brick,
Or a hurdy-gurdy
Something sturdy
That would leave
A bruise?

Oh, and make him bleed!
I wanted something
That would really hurt
Even though
I couldn't remember
The exact word
He said that set me off?
But I'm sure it would be
No more than he deserved!

Then he spoiled it! He did!
He sort of shrugged
And looked really sad
And said: "I'm sorry about that.
I didn't mean it, you know."
And spoiled it even more
By smiling that silly way
He knows I can't resist,
And then he added,

"You can throw
Something at me
If you like,
Like a kiss?
Maybe?"

Shit!
Stupid arsehole!
So I did.

Manuela Cardiga

No comments:

Post a Comment