Translate

Friday 14 March 2014

Roman Phase - Empire: The Julian Line

I SAW GREAT CAESAR’S FOOT,
NOW I’M DEAD,THE ISSUE IS MOOT

The crowd hushed
When Caligula blushed.

It was quite a feat,
You must admit,
To make Great Caesar
Red as a beet;
And all I did
Was exclaim:
“Hey little booties
You got ugly footies!”

That’s it. That’s all.
Old Claudius can
Fart melodious,
Agrippina
Can be a sinner,
Messalina…
Must I go on?

Really!
Is the issue germane?
The guy’s got ugly feet,
And a stupid nick-name!
Am I to blame?

I though I was
Being witty
But it looks like
I was flirting
With Hades…

So this is why,
This perfectly nice
Patrician Roman
With all the right
Cognomen
Is going to serve
As snack
For a pack
Of mangy cats.

Bye-Bye cruel world!
And since I am done
Let me proclaim:
“Gaius Julius Caesar Augustus
Germanicus Caligula’s a big
Fat ugly prat!”
Let’s see you get
Your revenge on that!

Manuela Cardiga

No comments:

Post a Comment