Translate

Monday 21 July 2014

To the wake-up call we women need to listen to before we put on our make-up and step into those power heels...

MANIFESTO OF AN ALL-AMERICAN FEMINIST FASHION ACTIVIST

Thank God I'm
So thin this year,
So I can slip
Into those new
Donna Karan
Summer shift-dresses?
At 300 dollars a piece,
It was an absolute steal!
I got one in every shade,
(except for that yellow plaid)

What do you mean?
The Rape Of the Garment Trade?

I only buy American!
And don't we stand for
Free Trade?
For Fair Trade?
For a Fair Wage?

It's all there in the label
In the little letters
Right under
The Washing Instructions?
And I KNOW those
Are very accurate,
Beause once
I didn't follow?
And just RUINED
A Ralph Lauren
Shirt-waister
In this utterly lovely
But very fragile
Silk-linen mix...

Don't you DARE!
I AM SO NOT
A BITCH!
I do so care
About the girls
In the factory
In Bangladesh!

I saw that last night!
An absolute fright,
I was so touched
By their plight?

By the way,
I wonder
How they keep
That thin,
Season out,
Season in?

Manuela Cardiga


No comments:

Post a Comment