Translate

Wednesday 15 March 2017

The Chronicles Of A Middle-Aged Vampire PART 6

I must admit I looked on my "transformer" with a certain animosity.
I had yet to hear anything about my new state that was to my benefit. Extended life? It sounded like extended misery.

"Any other tit.bit of inaccurate lore you'd like to add to the roll?" I asked.

He looked discomfited. "That sunlight bit is bosh too. In the middle ages, pale skin was a sign of aristocracy, high rank...Vampires have always been elitist, I'm afraid. Snobs, to be honest."

"Wonderful!" I exclaimed as I thrust my bed covers aside and swung my feet onto the ground. I tested my equilibrium. All good. Not dizzy or weak-kneed. In fact, I hadn't felt this good since I was 18 and filled with vim and vinegar.

OK! You didn't LOOK young, but you felt pretty good...

"Now what?" I asked him, "And by the way, what is your name?"

"Donald." He stepped forward and extended one of those pale spidery hands. He had quite a nice smile. Shy and sweet. "Donald Hardfinch."

I suppressed a giggle. Donnie the Vampire... I smiled back and said "Greta, but you know that..."

He looked discomfited and nodded. "Shall we go? I'd like to take you to the Council Office and they open at daybreak. On the way, I can show you where the meetings are."

"Meetings?"

"The V.A. meetings. You have to attend daily in your first month."

"V.A.?"

"Vampires Anonymous. Our support group."


MC

No comments:

Post a Comment