Translate

Tuesday 19 September 2017

LIFE-HACKS: PEDICURE AS A CURE FOR THE COMMON HEART-BREAK

"There are holes,
holes, holes on me!"
Cried the toe-nail
Seeking therapy

The shoe-shrink
tapped a speculative
heel and frowned
"You need to keep
to solid ground!"

"You take things
Much too seriously.
You feel too much,
Hold on too tight
Grind into the
Fabric of life."

"How else can we live
But with intensity?"
Cried the distraught nail
Under its disguising veil
Of varnish glitter-glamour.

"Do as the heel does:
Play the fool, choose
A low-slung mule,
Avoid stilettos
Or any semblance
Of sharp wit
Or embracing affection
For the lamentably
Frail or short-lived
Sock, stocking
Or prosaic panty-hose."

"Think of the nose,
Who rather than
The erstwhile lace
Silk and linen hanky,
Now blows at
What will cause
It no distress to
Dispose."

"I...I cannot live like that!"
I can't! I need that tight
Embrace, that kiss
Of fate and faith!"

The shrink shoe curled
A derisive upper lip
and stroked at its
Elegant laces
"Well then, my dear,
Keep yourself trimmed;
Your emotions blunt,
And be bare
As much as you dare."


MC

No comments:

Post a Comment